Friday Roundup: Win Sierra Buttes Hightower, Gambler, or pink Scalpel, race Sea Otter EU & extra!
Act fast for Sierra Buttes 5 Bucks a Foot to win a Santa Cruz Hightower – This ends at midnight PST tonight, so last call! The Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship: 5 Bucks a Foot Fundraiser supports connected communities and gives you a chance to win a killer customized Santa Cruz Hightower (in Large). The 5 bucks a foot fundraiser ends tonight at the stroke of midnight on the west coast, so we’re hoping you get one more shot to enter. With events canceled early for public safety, these fundraisers are a HUGE source of income for the Stewardship.
Plus, with current bike shortages, it’s nearly impossible to get your hands on a new bike, especially a one-of-a-kind Hightower. 100% of your donations will directly benefit the SBTS.
The non-profit Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship is an amazing origination that has helped out many riders & locals, and every five dollars donated to ‘5 Bucks a Foot’ will directly contribute to developing the Trails Master Plan for Connected Communities. The Trails Master Plan (TMP) creates a vision for a recreation-focused lifestyle through community investment, shared stewardship, economic opportunity, and essential new local jobs benefiting economically disadvantaged communities in California’s Plumas, Sierra, Butte, and Lassen Counties. Donate & enter to win here: SierraTrails.NetworkForGood.com Then, more info at: SierraTrails.org
More Contests & Industry News
- Win a unique Bikepark Leogang custom Scott Gambler 900 Tuned – Epic Bikepark Leogang, the first bike park in Austria, is celebrating 20 years of gondola-served gravity shredding this season. And after 8 years of partnering with Scott for rental bikes, the two have worked together for a special one-of-a-kind birthday deal. Scott built a one-off custom Gambler 900 Tuned carbon dowhnill and custom painted it in #20EpicYears Edition livery, kitted out in top-spec Fox Factory suspension, SRAM X01 drivetrain, XTR 4-pot brakes, and one-piece carbon Syncros Hixon iC DH carbon cockpit with a total weight <16kg. The 8500€ retail DH bike is up for grabs to one lucky rider. The trick is, you have to ride Leogang to win. The contest works by decoding clues on treasure maps & trail boards in the bike park to get the ever-changing password to enter. the more you ride, the more chances you have to win! Bikepark.Saalfelden-Leogang.com
- Win Vlad’s annual pink Cannondale Scalpel in charity auction – You might know the drill by now, every year XC pro Vlad Sabau races a pink Cannondale to raise awareness & funds to fight cancer, then auctions it off at the end of the year. The silent auction is back this year with bidding possible for the complete bike or frameset only. The large Cannondale Scalpel Hi-Mod w/ Lefty Ocho Carbon fork is factory painted & signed by the whole Cannondale Factory Racing rider team: Manuel Fumic, Maxime Marotte & Henrique Avancini. Full details on the bike & auction until July 16 are available at: VladSabau.ro
- Rapha London launches Exhibition 13 alongside Tour de France – As the Tour continues to astound, the Rapha Clubhouse in London is one of the best places to watch the action with live race screenings, daily sweepstakes, a special menu, tribute rides & more. Plus, the Clubhouse has now also unveiled its second exhibition in the revamped space – Exhibition 13. “We tasked 13 eminent designers & design studios to create a limited edition print inspired by one decade of the Tour each.” With creations by Paul Smith, Colophon Foundry, Choque Le Goff, Accept + Proceed, and Soft Power, this solid who’s who list created 13 unique & creative perspectives on the world’s greatest Grand Tour. Rapha.cc/RaphaLondon
Where & How to Ride & Race
- Save Big on a USA Cycling Membership with Vittoria – Leading up to the Olympics in a few weeks, Vittoria just announced that they’ve become the “Official Tire of USA Cycling”. And to celebrate, they’ve partnered up to also give you big savings on a USA Cycling membership. Just click this link here and use the offer code: VITTORIA20 to save $20 off a USA Cycling membership or full racing license to access events, get discounts on gear & support cycling in general. memberships.USACycling.org
- Race Sea Otter Europe in Girona this September – Sea Otter Europe is coming back from the pandemic strong late this summer, having announced 15 races in their festival weekend Sept 24-26, out of the center of Girona, Spain. The 5th running of the event will see the UCI World E-Bike Series returns to town, the C1 conti Super Cup Massi XCO race, three distances of the Gran Fondo World Tour-CicloBrava (70, 100 & 140km) with David Millar as event ambassador, 42 & 67km UCI Scott Marathon MTB race, a 30km Canyon eMTB Experience tour, the retro nostalgia MTB Classic Sea Otter Europe race on mountain bikes made before 1990, the 340km gravel Canyon Pirinexus Challenge, the more manageable 78km Girona Gravel Ride, a 30km Enduro MTB La Selva event, and Catalan Cup Children’s MTB Open racing. There’s literally something for everyone! SeaOtterEurope.com